The Daniel Fast

2:39 PM

So I am not sure where to begin with this post... I guess I will make is somewhat brief, this is hard for me since I am a very detailed person (obviously)! A few years back me and my bestie got healthy, by God's grace and only because of Him. I lost 30 lbs ish(at one time I had lost 45 lbs from my heaviest) and was not eating fast food and was working out. I was feeling great! Healthy Physically, Mentally, and Spiritually! It was wonderful...then.... life happened....I got busy....I got burdened....I got stressed...I got UNFOCUSED... My eyes were focused on Christ and therefore everything suffered... Whenever I would get back to being focused on God and His Truth i would be healthy mentally and spiritually but the physical has lacked....Now to be a little gracious to myself, I did have two babies and my hormones were crazy....BUT still no reason for me to be only 20 lbs from the heaviest I have ever been...needless to say, without even talking about my weight, I feel so unhealthy...my self control has lacked...I have been lazy and completely led by my feelings (that is a BIG problem in my life)...I sometimes wish my feelings would just stop so I could be logical! This all being said, Jesse and I are starting The Daniel Fast http://danielfast.wordpress.com/ I am not sure how long we are sticking to the strict plan, just doing as God tells us! I know this will be hard but so excited for the outcome and so thankful for Jesse (this was his idea!!)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've never heard of this before - but its a great idea to get rid of processed foods! I need to get them out of our diet. Seriously scares me reading about how all of the junk in our food is/can make us sick. It ultimately is affecting our ability to be used by the Lord. It is His temple. Ahhh...seriously fail at this too much!
    www.richardandlaurencoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images